Worst experience ever

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Sunshine

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 04, 2017

Ship: Carnival Sunshine

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 8174

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

I got my family to go on the carnival sunshine because I heard good things about this ship! I was wrong and my family was very upset! For starters, the port was great, the wait wasn't that long at all! We get on the boat and usually they deliver our luggage pretty quick, not this time. No one in my family, nor myself was able to shower before LATE (8:15)  dinner. Every single night we ate dinner, our food was the last food to come out while people were leaving, we were getting our appetizers. The waiters needed help, and the manager didn't even TRY to help. A waiter dropped a dish, and he just stood there waited for the waiter to serve the food and come back to pick it up! Not cool at all, he obviously needed help, then told him to hurry up because it was almost show time!?  Short staff was the reason the manager gave us! When I went back to my room there was our luggage! Done of our items were missing went to the desk they made note of it. Only to find out the luggage handlers broke the bottom of my bag. The desk told me when I got off the boat to purchase new luggage and they would reimburse me for 100$. It's not like there was a wall mart close, so I ended up paying 160 dollars for a luggage! I brought them the receipt and they informed me they will only give me back 120$! And there was nothing else they could do for me! Not nice! the food was not the same as the other ships I've been on but I do being a lot of business to carnival and I have been very loyal but the way my family and myself were treated on this cruise was terrible! We are going in the VISTA March 24th 2018 so hopefully this will be a better experience! Please contact me for detailed pictures and names!

Ship experiences

Didi was awesome only thing is we got all of our papers days late when the events had already taken place!

Ports of call