Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Third Mate

This was a fun cruise

Sail Date: March 26, 2016

This was a fun cruise.  My husband and I like the sea days so and 8 day cruise with 5 at sea was perfect for us.  The ports were okay. We are not beach people so these ports weren't particularly interesting to us .  This was our second time in Aruba.  It is basically flat desert with a nice beach.  There is only shade from palm trees and other small trees so I personally wouldn't spend a lot of time there.  Curacao is is a sister island but has more foliage and hills.  Grand Turk also doesn't have a whole lot except a nice beach.

The Sunshine is an old ship even though it has been upgraded.  We were on it when it was the Destiny and after 16 cruises on Carnival the Destiny is still my least favor ship.  The Sunshine is nicer but the rooms are smaller than the newer ships.  We had a balcony room and the bed was right up against the window wall with no side tables.  This was a problem because my husband and i both use c-paps and there was no place to put them.  Mine was on the floor and I literally had to stand on my head to turn it on and off and fill the water compartment.  The couch was right up to the bed on the other side. The aisles in the restaurants on the Lido Deck were very narrow causing traffic jams.

Now for the good stuff!  The crew was great and there were things going on at all times.  The dancers were constantly interacting with the passengers and there was lots of dancing and parties on the Lido Deck. All in all, this was a great cruise and we'll be doing it again.

Room is smaller than normal balcony rooms. If you need a bedside table, you won't get it in this room. There is a movable table so one person could have a table closer to the foot of the bed but the person by the window had nowhere to put anything.

See the above cabin review.