No more Carnival for a while

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 05, 2016
Ship: Carnival Sunshine

The ship and service were OK. but the dining experience not.

I feel like the food in the MDR has gone downhill. I traveled with six others and their assessment was as mine. Just FYI - I am not picky and I'm not a "Platinum"!! (for you John Heald) The specialty rest. were incredible but they come with an up charge fee as we all know. Just an example - Steak dinners? full of grizzle and extremely well done instead of medium. The hot lava cake that I love? Cold. Ice cream melted. Sure they can bring another but it was disappointing. Coffee after dinner? Warm. That's the way it was...that's why we tried specialty rest. a couple of times. I could go on but......

The small food areas like Guy's and the taco place were very good.

The ship is getting to the point that the three year upgrade done in 2013 is wearing off. The ship was built in 1996 and really needs a complete remodel.

If you don't book a year out - forget about getting 615 dining or even my time dining - we were stuck at 830 dining even after being promised 615 or my time dining.

Finally - no one monitors the 40 minute rule of reserving chairs - so we never were able to take advantage of the pool area when we wanted because they chairs were full of towels and books!! Seems like most people go out at 8a and reserve their chairs for the day.

That is all.......