Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Staff Captain

Carnival Sunshine 8/29/15

Sail Date: August 29, 2015

Regatdless of a hurricanethreateningtheitenerary, the ship sailed on time and kept the scheduled itenerary. Overall, the cruese was outstanding. The waitstaff (Inyoman, Vlad and Iwayan) made me make sure I never missed dinner in the MDR. Likewise, the room steward (Adi) made sure I was never wantining fir anything. Ther customer service desk was outstanding, making sure I left the desk happy. Overall, with a couple of exceptions, the crew was very friendly. The ship was structurally sound -- no strange smlls that are mentioned in other reviews.

That is not to say that there were not some hiccups. I had ordered som chocolate covered strawberries to be delivered the first day. When they arrived, they were extremely poor quality. I called the customer service, but the call went unanswered.  A quick tip down to the desk, and they not only arranged for a new order to be delivered, they also refunded the charge. The casino is the only indoor smoking area, and does not have good ventilation. The smoke is noticiable not only outside the casino, but on the deck above and below. It made my donating money to the casino very uncomfortable. The buffet food was never at the proper temperature. The self-serve beer taps in the buffet are in bad need of a cleaning -- definite off taste in the beer from these

Embarkation an debarkation went relatively smoothly.

Overall, I would be happy to cruise this line again.

The cabin is on the largish size (advertised at about 185 sqaure feet) and was plenty large. The balcny was lage enough to be comfortable, although a bit cozy. The only complaint I have is that the dividers between the balconies rattled a lot.

Sit in the Havana Bar if you are eating at the buffet. Also, the Italian and Orienal restaurants located in the Havana Bar area are free for lunch.