This cruise on the Sunshine was bad enough that we are going to Royal Caribbean for next year's cruise

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate
Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 15, 2013

This was my 4th cruise with Carnival and my husband's 3rd.  We take a trip every 3 months and one then one cruise at year end, each year.  Every one of the other cruises, were great experiences.  ~However, this cruise was so bad.

The Sunshine was a disappointment, an older ship, not clean appearance, and plumbing issues on the first day.  Most of the crew was ill with a flu type illness...which we both got the day we disembarked and ow are on day 7 after the cruise with this illness.  Just an added Christmas present to us from the Sunshine.  Thanks a lot.

I went to the spa on two different occasions, both were "free" seminars. I arrived to wait in line for infomration and so was approx. 7 minutes late for the semnar.  I was told to take a seat and wait, someone would be with me.  I waited another 20 minutes.  Finally, I went back to the counter and was told the facilitator was with another client and running late and to take a seat.  I told them to forget it.

Spa staff was interested in the paying clients and I didn't get to attend either of the two free sessions listed on the daily itenerary.  Moral:  The spa staff does not value you, if you are not there paying for a service.  No more cruising on the Sunshine....ever...for us.  Just a note, if you have an issue with anything in the spa, client services won't help you. The spa is not Carniva'ls, but owned by a contract company...I think called Steiner.  Anyway, don't hold your breath for a resolution, if you have a complaint.

The ship is old and small compared to the other chioces you may have....do yourself a favor and purchase a cruise on another ship.  This is your vacation.  Don't chance having the experience we did.

Only Spa staff was bad

Don't sail on the Sunshine if you want to enjoy your vacation.