It was a basic cruise

Carnival Sunrise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Sunrise

5 Night Bahamas (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 11, 2020

Ship: Carnival Sunrise

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 6438

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

I really dont know if I would book another carnival cruise there were so many turn offs and very little positive.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Some of the places to eat were only open for breakfast and lunch so we didnt get to experience them unfortunately.

Pools were nice. There was mini golf and an adventure zone which looked cool

I felt they could have used a little more entertainment. We often found ourselves board and found other passengers board as well.

I don't have kids

The thing that bothered me was there was washing stations for your hands but no one used them and the purel stations were also never used.

The cabin I felt was a good size. I liked the extended balcony except for the fact it was always wet. I felt that the bathroom was also a good size as well.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island

We went to the lighthouse resort. We had to wait a very long time for the date to he released to get out pass but if you are last minute and dont know what to do if you go to this resort you can just get a pass when you enter the building no problem. I would 100% do that day pass again!

We did atlantis that place is so big you cant do it all in 1 day. Again I would do this again.

Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)

This was a cute island the only thing that bothered me was that they said we would have wifi but only princess cruise line gets wifi. There however was plenty to do on the island we had a beach party and had a buffet lunch which was good.

Disembarkation

They made us grab numbers for our disembarkation times but in the end we found out it didnt matter when we got off the boat. We basically were being pushed off the boat.