Christmas Cruise

Carnival Sunrise Cruise Review

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Sunrise

5 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 23, 2019

Ship: Carnival Sunrise

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 1041

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

Won’t cruise on Carnival again during a major holiday but we still had a good time

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Everything we ate was good. The lines did get a little long for some places - but we expected it.

I was extremely disappointed with lack of on board activities and entertainment on this cruise. This was my 6th cruise and everyday I felt like there was nothing to do. And with it being a Christmas cruise- I was expecting to be overwhelmed with activity and entertainment options. Then to add to my dissatisfaction- there were no Christmas shows (except one in the middle of the afternoon that the Camp Carnival kids sang in). They did a music show called Soulbound - that would have been perfect if we had been on a Halloween Cruise. I won’t cruise on Carnival again during a major holiday. I’ll just stick to random times during the year.

My one star is not for the DJ’s. They were all awesome. My one star is for the Halloween stage show & lack of shows on the ship.

Didn’t like the layout. It was weird. But the ship was kept very very clean- in my opinion

Loved the location of our cabin. It was a little tight but the balcony helped. It was very well serviced

Ship tip

Become familiar with the deck plan. The layout is confusing

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

George Town, Grand Cayman

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Disembarkation

I didn’t like the process. We chose to carry our luggage off. They called deck by deck for guest that chose this option & we waited patiently. After deck 8 they called or all remaining guests to come down. That left decks 9, 10 our deck, and everyone else trying to leave at the the same time. It took us 25 minutes to get off & then another 30 minutes in the line to get past customs. This was my worst debarkation experience (my 6th cruise).

Traveler Photos

Ready to go I would give our cabin steward (Wayane) 10 stars Our tour guide Sunshine was fantastic Cat in the a Hat breakfast Leaving