Fun time

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

8 Night Eastern Cairbbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 08, 2016
Ship: Carnival Splendor

Embarkment went smooth, wasn't sure what to expect with the staggered times but it was simple.  I like how they scanned your passport and asked if you did the online check in and if you needed to add cash or change the credit card for your sign and sail.  If not they gave you your zone number and you waited until they called your zone.  No need to stand in another line to get your picture taken (taken from your photo id or passport when they scanned it at security) and get your card, they're in your mailboxes outside your cabin.

This was the first balcony for myself and my husband, we used it more than we thought we would.  Our room steward Dawa was wonderful, made sure we had everything we needed and always stopped to talk to us when he saw us in the hallway.

Dinning was good, We had Ruda and Daisy who took care of us and made sure we enjoyed ourselves and if we didn't like the food they would suggest something else and bring it us.

Mario in guest service help my in laws when it was decided that Dad wouldn't be able to walk all over the place with his walker, He got him a wheel chair to use for the trip.   This is the second year in a row that Mario has help us out, Last year on the Sunshine he found us another cabin when the noise level in our cabin got to loud.

We never had Tandor before and the chef saw us eating our burgers and  brought us a plate over with a little bit of everything so we could try it.  Not my cup of tea but not bad either.

The one thing that amazed me was we didn't have a problem finding a lounger at the aft pool.  The front pool was a different story but that didn't bother me since I enjoy the aft pools.

I didn't have problems with the staff just the passengers who decided to stand in the line of traffic and chat with each other and one young man (10-12 years old) who seem to enjoy reeking havoc where ever he went.

Was surprised when we saw that one of the comedians was one we saw a year or so ago and he remembered us.

We've been to Grand Turk a couple of times before so we took advantage of an almost empty ship.  San Juan we walked up to one of forts and explored.  St. Kitts we booked a tour outside of Carnival with Thenford Grey he took us all over the island and was very knowledgeable about his island and the history.

St Maarten we did a tour with Bernards and had Mailman as our tourguide, once again very knowledgeable and can he mix a mean rum punch.

No problems with disembarking at all. I would go on this ship again.

This was our first balcony cabin and we had no problems with it. Everything was clean and tidy and Dewa was wonderful.