Summer Vacation To Remember

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

6 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 12, 2016
Ship: Carnival Splendor

My favorite part of the cruise was the awesome service provided by the wait staff and stateroom staff.  I also enjoyed the various shows offered aboard the ship.

There could be a big improvement on the quality of the food. Much of the food appeared unseasoned, dry or overcooked. In addition, most of the dessert options, even during the chocolate extravaganza buffet, were not tasty at all.

NIgel and the wait Staff that served us in The Gold Perl dining room were awesome. ChaCha was also awesome. He always had a smile on his face and was very friendly.

The pink zebra striped wallpaper was a bit overwhelming. However I loved the decorations with the various jazz/blues singers.

I can't complain too much about the cabin, as I know that they are intentionally small, to discourage people from staying inside. However, the bed that we slept on gave me back problems, and it made me wonder how often mattresses are changed.
LOVED the balcony!!! Definitely one of the best parts of the cruise.

Check out the shows. Read the itinerary each day. It provides all the information you need. Although this is my 6th cruise, I just realized that it has the name of the captain, as well as the times of arrival and departure for each port. I encourage people to carry it with them at all times.