Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

40th anniversary cruise

Sail Date: September 13, 2015

Great trip.  Mostly an older crowd and most people were friendly.  Interesting to hear from other passengers about all the cruising experiences.  Desserts were better on Splendor than on the Liberty cruise we took in April, but service in the dining room was poor.  We were late getting into Boston due to ship problems, but we grabbed a taxi to Quincy Market and walked a bit of the Freedom Trail with fellow passengers we found in the market area.  Portland was fine, but not much to do or see without an excursion.  Enjoyed Halifax and St. John very much.  People were friendly everywhere.  We were so fortunate to have beautiful weather everywhere.

Cabin was nice and roomy, but too close to the hallway to the stairs and elevators. The balcony was open to the public area above. Could hear conversations and people even dropped sunglasses on to our balcony. Next time, I'll go one deck down and further down the hall for the privacy and shade.
Our cabin stewards were very attentive and helpful.
Food was good, but service was awful and very slow every night. Staff seemed very unorganized and not very friendly. Didn't ask for tea or coffee orders. Didn't come back to check if we were happy with our dinner. Twice, I was served the wrong dessert. Couldn't get the waiter back to re-order. As I was leaving the dining room, I saw our waiter and told him that I received the wrong dessert. He laughed and offered to get me one to go. He was the same waiter that told us that maybe we should eat else where on the ship when we told him that we would like to order because we wanted to get to a show.

Enjoyed the ship especially the spa and workout facility. The Taste Bar was fun and a nice appetizer if we wanted to watch one of the comedy shows before dinner.