Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

A Wonderful Experience

Sail Date: August 20, 2015

My best friend and I took the 4 day cruise to Saint John and had an absolutely wonderful time. There was something to do every hour and that made the trip fly by. If you're one to enjoy downtime you could make moments for that but because the trip was so fast it was literally you snooze, you lose.

Do not do anytime dining. We selected that and our first night we had to wait around 25 minutes to get a table and then when we finally got a table we waited and waited for our food. Anytime dining means anytime they can fit you in, not just show up and eat. The next day we changed our time which wasn't a problem except that we were given the run around on when to meet with the maitre'd and ended up wasting about an hour of our time. Nervous Once we figured out our dining we had a wonderful time with the staff. They were delightful. The food was amazing and I thought I was going to have to be rolled off the ship. lol Make sure you check out the food bar on the same floor as the casino.

I was really disappointed that the spa amenities were not included with the cruise. The last cruise I took everything except treatments at the spa were included. It was even more disappointing because I didn't realize it until I enjoyed the amenities and then the next day was rudely told to show some pass that I did not have.

We had a balcony and we had plenty of room and of course a gorgeous view. The stewards were wonderful and very considerate. For our excursion we did the kayak/lobster bake and it was awesome. The tour guide was delightful, the views in the kayak were gorgeous and the food scrumptious. Make sure you bring a change of clothes.

The ship was a bit crowded and it seemed short staffed and not well organized at times. But overall it was wonderful.

Get to know your stewards.
Be prepared to stand for about 2 hours for embarking.
The kayak and lobster bake was wonderful. Bring a change of clothes.
Do. It. All!
Don't do anytime dining.
New York, New York
Eat a nice breakfast before you depart. You're gonna stand for about 2 hours but there are vending machines and a food cart inside selling pretzels.
Saint John, New Brunswick
Saint John is a really small town. Our shore excursion lasted about 4 1/2 hours and we had plenty of time afterwards to grab a snack and shop.

Check out the taste bar.Get a balcony.