Staff needs more education- crew not trained as well as other cruise lines

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

4 Night Canada & New England (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 23, 2015
Ship: Carnival Splendor
Cabin Number: 7324 & 7346

Starting out at embarkation, I had two wine bottles- one for me and one for my gf- which is allowed- or so I thought per person.  I had them in my checked luggage and asked a uniformed person.  She said no problem, just ask security when you get to the other side.  Well, as it turned out- they confiscated both bottles (and probably drank it or sold it).  So that was the start to my cruise- being misguided as to where to place my allowed two bottles.  The service and waiting times in the dining room were too long.  Staff is friendly alright but one can certainly see lack of training in relative terms to other cruise ships/lines.  30-45 minutes wait in line at "my time dining option" lines.  Then at least another 30 minutes wait to be seated and served your first morsel of bread.  Have to walk out to bar to get your own drink as the wine waiter did not appear for over 30 minutes.

No issues with cabin. Steward I Gedde was great.

Need to educate crew about embarkation, wine allowance and where to show/stow it so that my poor experience is not shared by other passengers.