Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Carnival "Blunder"

Sail Date: June 25, 2015

Firstly, when purchasing my tickets through , I had selected interior spa room and apparently they were sold out as we were switched to a catagory 4J obstructed view and were not told that this did not have the spa access we were seeking. We had even called and were talking with someone on the phone describing what we wanted and they did not choose to inform us either. Upon boarding the ship and determining we did not have the spa access we called 1-800# and person on the phone was a total B**** and was not helpful in the slightest. I will NEVER book through this site ever again.    This cruise from the beginning was late. Late to depart, activities late or moved to a different venue, or cancelled without notice. Admittedly this was not an ordinary cruise, 4 days to St John, NB and it showed.    Accommodations were ok, and room steward (Alfred) was the only good thing.    Meals were edible, but portions were crazy small. I should not have to order 3 entrees to get a meals worth of meat.    Main dinning room appeared to be clean, much cleaner than the buffet tables. The buffet tables were never clean the entire trip, even tables just cleaned by staff were still sticky and had crumbs on them. Never once saw the seats cleaned in the buffet either.    Bingo, nice price to play, but not worth it considering they never played coverall, so it never lasted more than 30 minutes and pay outs for winners were very small, the cruise line made a killing based upon number of people playing and amount they paid out. Final days bingo raffle was for 3 additional bingo cards and a bottle of cheap cruise ship champagne, not a free cruise like most cruise lines.    Officers and Cruise Director completely absent. Never saw one. I have cruised several times and always saw some officers on deck and I have always seen and met Cruise Director. Guest services staff told you what you wanted to hear and were not very helpful.    Purchased bottomless bubbles package, (unlimited soda), was a total waste of money, as finding a bar to get a soda was problematic during the day, most bars were not open. Even getting soda in the dinning room or buffet was a joke, not nearly enough bar waiters in those areas if at all.     Musicians on board were second rate, nothing notable at all.    Dive In Movies, a great concept, but they were never ready to dispense popcorn or blankets "before" the movie started and lines were long. Also they closed the cover after the movie started creating a very disruptive noise detracting from movie.    Overall, I  would not recommend this cruise to anyone and if Carnival gave me a free cruise I would have second thoughts on taking it.

Angry

n/a
Hot tubs full of kids, even in adult only areas and ship personnel would do nothing.
n/a
Purell dispensers were consistently empty, fortunately I always carry my own.
Accessible room so larger than most, but closets are tiny. Shower was decent.

Alfred our steward was 1st class and only highpoint of the cruise.

Save your money and upgrade to a real cruise line.

1 Comment