First Cruise in 74 years

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 24, 2013
Ship: Carnival Splendor
Cabin Type: Suite

Being that I never took a Cruise before I was apprehensive in taking an 8 day trip at sea.We boarded the Carnival Splendor in New York City without any hassle. We were able to relax in the dining area and get something to eat while our cabin was be prepared. When we got to our cabin and opened the door we were amazed in how beautiful our surrounding were. It was a beautiful Suite. Every day my son and I had a new exciting and positive experience. Every member of the ships crew were pleasent, warm and inviting. To list our great activities would be too numerous, so I would like to list our highlights. The Steakhouse is amazing, the shows are great and the Showband on the ship was extraordinary. My only negative was; I will never take a ship out of New York city again. A lot of the guests on board were very rude not only with the other guest but with the ships staff.

The overall food was great but the Steak House was special.

The Show Band was the highlight of the cruise.

The greatest

Beautiful and very clean.

Unbelievably beautiful

We liked the Lido for breakfast better than the Gold Pearl.