Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

All Carnival Cruises are NOT created equal!

Sail Date: October 24, 2013

There are not enough words to express our disappointment. Even though Carnival has had it's share of difficulties in the past year, we had a great experience on the Miracle, so we decided to give them another go at it, thinking thy would be especially attentive wanting to re- build their reputation.

Boy, were we wrong! The morale was low. The service was poor (except for an amazing deck steward, Putu,  and very hard working waiter, Yoseph). Our travel mate had requested low salt/ no salt menus and every single night there was an issue! Her food would come considerably later than ours and still be way too salty. It made dinner uncomfortable for the rest of us, as we waited. I personally felt that the food was much too salty but was afraid to request low sal/no salt after I saw was she was going through! The Big wheel in the dining room would stop by to check with the service and when we complained he responded with a litiney of excuses and even mentioned that no one else had complained. REALLY?!  Bad PR!

The buffets were fair and too crowded and closed too soon. I was underwhelmed most days, honestly.

The music was too loud....all the time, as if you were trying to convince us by sheer volume that we were having a great time. It was hard to find quiet anywhere.

The no smoking policy was too relaxed and having the casino in the middle didn't help. I went to my floor and could still smell smoke most days ( floor seven). It also filled the elevators on many occasions.

The top off, however, happened the day of disembarkation. I was in a full- fledged medical emergency and was told that my name wasn't on a list for a wheel chair. We were very concerned that we would miss our bus and was told we'd be better off walking to the luggage claim. So, in full on gall bladder attack, I struggled down the gang plank, dizzy and in extreme pain. I had emergency surgery to have my gallbladder removed when I returned, by the way, lest you think I am exaggerating my symtoms. I didn't find a shred of compassion as I sat writhing in pain, until a kind man from Carnival saved us at the end of the ramp. He was returning a wheelchair when my husband asked him if he could please help us. He went above and beyond, taking us to baggage claim, through customs and right to the bus, which was waiting for us.

Carnival, it was the "little guy" that showed us care and compassion.....the deck steward, the waiter and this other lowly servant. Shame on you who wore uppity uniforms but treated us as if we were an inconvenience!

I am so disappointed in Carnival. We cruise at least once a year but have list faith in your cruise line, I am afraid.

I am home recouperating from surgery and frankly, not basking in good memories of my vacation!

Susan Falcetta

Room 7295
Children's Programs NA
New York, New York See enclosed comments!
San Juan, Puerto Rico