Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Beyond expectations for first timer

Sail Date: June 26, 2012

Overall experience was excellent. The shipboard maintenance at all levels was outstanding. The crew made every effort to assure our experience was excellent. I only had an issue with one crew member from the entertainment section who was in charge of my area during the life board & life jacket donning instruction. Things were moving quickly and he was a little too quick with orders, but not clear on specific instruction. He was rather caustic if you didn't catch his instructions. As a first time passenger, I was a little put off by this. (By the way, I'm retired Coast Guard and have a fair handle on shipboard emergencies with civilians)>

Pros: Excellent personalized service by all ship staff, except one

Cons: One entertainment member was a bit caustic during lifeboat/safety briefing. I felt embarrased as I did not have a clear understanding of his instructions. He was a little too caustic with his clarification.

Recommends Carnival Spirit? Yes!

Couldn't have been any better.
I didn't think it was possible to have such world class service. The dining times, ambiance, personalized attention by all of the dining staff was outstanding.
Perfect. Only one minor glich with low water pressure in thei sink, but no issues at all. Great decoration and comfort. Location was ideal for us.
Staff made every effort to assure our needs were met. They knew my grandaughters name and would always stop to say helllo and ask about our experience. They were always checking to make sure our needs were met. Also, excellent at reading when service was needed.
Great. The naturalist was very well versed and provided excellent informaiton about the natural history and wild life we observed.
Our grandaughter enjoyed the experience. This is why we booked with Carnival. They are known for family oriented and kids oriented cruises amolng our friends. The staff were great. There just weren't many kids our grandaughters age to hang out with (10 y/o). She made friends at the pool and had a great time, considering we were on an Alaska cruise.