Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Mexico

Horrible cruise! The worst ever!!!!

Sail Date: October 30, 2011

I have taken several cruises so I am a seasoned cruiser. Believe me when I tell you that this was the absolute worst cruise I have even taken. I was actually embarrassed because I invited friends and my grown boys to go along. I have cruised Carnival before and my husband and I vowed never to cruise carnival again. My fault. I saw the rate and thought I'd give it another try. Big mistake. The cruises are so affordable you get the riff raff now. The activities stick out the most. They were terrible and it was the same thing every night. Piano bar sucked and that is usually a hot spot. There were only the house band and the kids dance club as far as bars go....that was it! Very, very disappointed. We spoke with dozens of people on board and they thought the same exact thing. I'm definitely done with Carnival. I can afford the few hundred dollars more for the better cruise lines.

Pros: Getting off the ship

Cons: Activities were terrible and practically non-existent

Recommends Carnival Spirit? No.

The ship was really outdated and old looking. There were plenty of pools and the staterooms were fairly spacious. Bathrooms were ok as far as clean goes.
The stateroom service, bar service and dining room service was pretty good. Nothing really negative to say accept we asked a couple of questions about activities and the staff didn't know anything. Don't ask them because they will give you an answer even if it's wrong. Very annoying.
Food was awful in the La Playa Grille. Dining room food was the best food on the ship,. Pizza sucked. They closed up the buffet in between dining times so the only think available was the god awful pizza, so the timing and availability for food was terrible. I did like the "anytime dining". You could eat anytime in the dining room between 5:30 and 9:30
THE WORST I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. SERIOUSLY DON'T TAKE THIS PARTICULAR CRUISE. NO FUN THINGS TO DO DURING THE DAY AND THE SAME CRAPPY 2 BARS TO HANG OUT AT NIGHT. I will say that the comedian was awesome! We loved him!!
The stateroom we had was great. Very spacious and clean. We had a balcony room. The room was probably the best thing I can say about the ship.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas is awesome. We did the swimming with dolphins and it was wonderful. We also hung on the beach one day. That was a really good party time. The hot spot is Medano Beach. Bars and restaurants line the beach. Mano or mango deck was where we hung out and it was super fun. The office is also really nice.