Cruise Sensation

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Sensation

5 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: September 14, 2019

Ship: Carnival Sensation

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Decided to never sail on another smallish ship. Not much to do when a ship is in port for those who don't want to go ashore. My son and daughter-in-law were not impressed with Carnival corp but thought highly about the employees. They said they will never sail a Carnival corp ship again because of their policies. I can overlook some of them but not others. Old people want to have and do "Fun" things too but not all of them have the physical abilities to do them. Maybe think about them too.

Embarkation

Everything was going very smoothly until the fire alarm. we were at the cashiers and almost done and the computers shut down and then the alarm went off. Everyone had to exit the building which went very smoothly concidering. But the coming back into the building was not pleasent. We had FTTF and already checked in ahad to go to the back of the line until I went in search of a shorter line and found the "already checked in line". They should have had someone organizing this return but noone knew what to do. (Fire Drills also teach how to get back into a building quickly.) After everyone was back in things went smoothly though.

Ship experiences

Water was not very tasty but everything else was great.

Grand Atrium and Bar

The activities held there were great and the bartenders were quick to take your order.

Grand Buffet

Had a great variety of choices.

Pizzeria

Pizza was not very good. The crust was very thin and the toppings few.

Restaurants

We did Anytime Dining and it was fantastic. The waiters were grand. Can't praise them enough.

Deli

It was late at night when I ordered a sandwich that wat supposed to be grilled and hot but when I got it the bread was stale and the sandwich was cold.

There was plenty to do for those who were night people but for those who can't stay up past 10:00 pm like my husband there wasn't much to do. Also for those of us who chose not to leave the ship on a port day there wasn't much to do. It would have been nice to have the stores opened.

Guest Services / Shore Excursions

Very patient and helpful.

The one show we went to was fantastic.

Everything was easy to get to.

The cabin was good, comfortable and clean. The only thing that would have made it better was a refrigerator in it to keep the bottled water cold as I was having problems with the tap water.

Ports of call

We did a sight seeing excursion and it was great.

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)

We did a sight-seeing excursion in the morning and the Eco-Lagoon Glass Bottom boat. My family was very disappointed in this excursion as the glass bottom was very small and they could not see much they expected the whole bottom to be glass, but the leader was very good.

Grand Turk Island Did not visit port

Planned to do things on the ship but later found out that everything is closed on port days

Disembarkation

Smooth sailing off the ship.