Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Second Mate

Carnival Sensation

Sail Date: June 16, 2016

My favorite parts of the cruise were the comedians (Louis Johnson & Jason Blanchard - they were original & funny) and the Serenity deck hot tubs. If I was a kid, I would have thoroughly enjoyed the huge water slides which looked more fun than the tiny packed main pools (reminded me of overcrowded NYC public pools).

Our room porter Jonathan was genuinely friendly, helpful & attentive. Staff is hardworking & helpful.

The solo guitar player/singer was very good.

I wish there was better music & dancing on the main outdoor deck and that there was a private island as a destination.

The food was ok with the Mongolian station being the best imho.

My main peeve is that the antibacterial dispensers at the food buffet and restaurants always seemed to be empty.

We made the best of it & enjoyed ourselves

Cruise Photos

Good size for two adults
Non-claustrophobic bathroom
Nice size closets & entry way
Very smooth
It's an older ship, very basic, recently refurbished with furniture upgrade.
I wish there was a private island as a destination.
Meh ... I wish there was better music & dancing on the main outdoor deck
The comedian, Louis Johnson & Jason Blanchard, were original & funny.
The solo guitar player/singer was very good. Sorry I don't remember his name.
Our room porter Jonathan was genuinely friendly, helpful & attentive.
It was so great when the waiters danced & sang in the Fantasy dining room on the last nite!!
They work so hard
The food was ok, not a lot of dining spots. The Mongolian station was the best imho.
Told we could not bring bottled water onboard
Miami, Florida
Go to the Wynwood Walls outdoor art exhibit & surrounding art district. It's free (except for parking) and only 10 minutes north of Port of Miami by car.
Key West, Florida
Rent bikes & ride around to get Key Lime pie, conch fritters, see the lighthouse & aquarium, southernmost point in US.
Get off the boat asap since the beaches close at 5 or 6pm. Get a driver & go on tour or to beach Then go back to the pier to shop & drink.

They have a formal night so be prepared