Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

amazing already planning next

Sail Date: July 20, 2014

This cruise was great. The ship is a little older and missing a few things was looking forward to ( sushi bar , movie screen, serenity deck was small no separate pool or those great double hammocks) . The staff in Ecstasy dining room were awesome Malvin and Dejon were great very interactive with whole party. Our room steward was OK shoe trick ( hide shoes different places the pair back up) only worked half time. Room service little slow but tasted great. We stopped in Freeport they put you on wrong side have to take taxi over ours was $4 person 15 min ride each way, drivers do drive crazy but give tour information whole trip. Went on the combo excursion with snorkel on boat with water slide and rock wall ( these people were perfect kept watch over all plenty of help , I got salt in my eyes and just mentioned to hubby and a guide was by my side and pulled me in.) In Nassau went on tour that was part of the combo our guide Marcus was great we ended in Atlantis not enough time there never found aquarium ( only complaint there)came back to boat each day for lunch. We bought $25 coupon book off boat shopping show and got tons of free items in Nassau ( charms, bags, spices, necklaces). Kids loved circle c and and On clubs, activities were fun only thing everything stops at 12am on this ship . One 23rd of advice that I will change for next cruise do early dining , activities stop for early dining but not for late. I know seems lot of negative but really I would have liked to know some of these things, all in all my family of 5 3 adults and 2 girls 16 and 12 had an amazing time and are ready to go back.

Cruise Photos

older 70's purple decor
was good food but not the amazing food people talk about. dining room was great.
dining room staff were awesome rest was ok
good but not Broadway comic club was great
Ocean view look just like this picture. Only thing salt buildup on outside windows
Port Canaveral, Florida
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
snorkeling was best part but have to take taxi 15-20 minutes depending where going nothing close to port. $4-10 per person one way.
walking distance to shopping and short walk to beach tour was great.

Go to fantasy dining for breakfast everyone goes to buffet can get same things and more and staff serves. Can not stress enough do early dining. We did lido for lunch only was always crowded. Room service is great to just give them 30-45 min. We tipped them separate but had 2x's they wouldn't take.

1 Comment