Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Very Disappointing

Sail Date: February 01, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I was on the Pride in 2008 with a group of 50 people and we had some fun and laughs\, however the ship is now much older and in need of some serious repairs and upgrades. I dont blame the staff for the slobs that they have to clean up after but i saw plates and food left all over the common areas. In the elevator there were half eatn pizza left on the ledge and dirty dishes by the pool for hours.

Pros: The ease of dropping luggage off and parking

Cons: The ship itself and the food

Recommends Carnival Pride? No.

I laughed at the art work in 2008 because i was younger\, but now all the naked pictures and statue of a naked man by the steak house is completely inappropriate.
The food was terrible and variety even worse. Because the dining room staff were so slow i decided to bring my family up to the lido deck for the buffet and even that was no good. How can u not serve chicken fingers and fries all for the kids. Do you really think they are going to eat escargot.
The cabin was fair compared to the other 32 cruises i have been on\, my cabin steward Cecil did a great job cleaning and making towel animals.
Not many went above and beyond but i did get a free drink in the casino which has never happened before.
I laughed when kirk the cruise director stated the shows were Award winning.. What Award and who voted\, they were terrible\, even the older guests were walking out mid show.
Another spot was kids club\, the girls did the best they could but the size of the room and hours for the club were horrible. My wife is writing a letter to carnival regarding an incident with my sons Epi pen\, they staff left it in camp carnival while they went to eat.. What kind of responsibility is that???