The absolute worst

Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 19, 2013
Ship: Carnival Pride
My first & last cruise: First, there are only three ports on this cruise an one was eliminated, so that left two ports. It's a seven day cruise and the five hours in the two ports, ten hours on land over seven days hardly makes for an enjoyable experience. Conversely, I felt imprisoned. In addition, when we arrived in the port of Freeport, Bahamas it was at 7 am and we had to pay for our own transportation to the beach. It was too early to really have decent weather since it was slightly overcast, so we decided to enjoy shopping in the nearby market, but wait nothing opened until 9-9:30, so hours were wasted. 12:30 came quickly and we had to head back to the ship.
The food is simply average and several nights there was simply nothing I wanted, but because I couldn't run to the nearest restaurant on the water I was relegated to having food I didn't enjoy.
I expected a large pool aboard ship with room to really swim, but rather found several very tiny pools that you could only dangle your feet in and with the masses doing this that's all I wanted to do.
My room was clean and decent, albeit quite dated in pastel pink. The room steward was pretty amazing. Courteous, hard working, and attentive. The room was an extended balcony suite and I got a lot of use out if the balcony & really enjoyed the view.
In sum, I will NEVER go on a cruise again. I prefer to control my itinerary and see and do at my pleasure. I'm sure there are many exceptional cruise experiences and I had the unbenefit to not have a great one, so I'm not willing to take the risk again.

Stay off of it