Pretty good trip

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

4 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 10, 2016
Ship: Carnival Paradise
Cabin Number: U9

Wanted a quick getaway with my husband, and this was an inexpensive option for us. New to cruising.  Easy check in and boarding, room was bigger than I thought.  Always saw people cleaning and as a result, the ship was immaculate.  Food was good...not exceptional, but wasn't anything I didn't like.  I did get sick one day, but am not sure from what.  Disappointed at how many things cost extra....some activities, some food bars, nicer coffee (lattes etc), etc.  The pool area felt very crowded on the "at sea" days. Even the adult serenity area felt louder than I thought.  Thought the pool would be bigger....was like a big hot tub rather than a pool. 15 people filled it up.  Food options were good during the day, but later afternoon many closed which created long lines at the few that were open.  The entertainment at night was fun and the acoustic performers around the ship were phenomenal.  Overall was a good trip, the staff were super nice and the ship was well maintained.

Very clean, didn't feel claustrophobic and was very comfortable.