Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

All Non-Smokers Stear Clear

Sail Date: September 05, 2015

We have been cruising since 1972. We drove to the Port of Tampa. Our Cabin M8 on Carnival Paradise September 14, 2015. We enjoy the Musicals, Comedy, Karaoke, Magician. The staff and service were very friendly and quick to respond to request. No shore excursion in Grand Cayman cause we have been on everyone of them. Cozumel we went to La Casa La Playa and it was wonderful. A private home with staff to serve you food and drinks on the beach. Our disembarkation is exceptional cause we are Platinum. Downside to cruise, The smoke was horrible, in, around, and on the entire deck the casino was located. My solution would be that Carnival enclose the casinos with plexiglass with a small door so the smoke cannot escape. Why don't they do this. Every ship is the same. OPen casinos.

We also had a smoke issue in our Cabin M8. I called the Steward and ask him if he had been smoking in our cabin. He advised he doesn't smoke. I told him someone had been smoking in the cabin. It reeked of the smell. After about 5 minutes in the cabin you become ammune to the smell and you can't smell it any more. Until you once again leave the cabin. I called Customer Service and complained. I called a second time and they finally came to the cabin. They must have been a smoker. They couldn't smell it. They finally had the Steward come and clean the walls and bed linens. That helped for the room. The smell was coming thru the vent in the ceiling. I called Customer Service again. They explained they have not been able to find the passenger that it smoking. The vents are connected to the other cabins. I told them to take my nose and I would find them. We finally ran into another passenger and they had the same problem. They are in the cabin across from our cabin. Smokers break the rules. E-Cigs should not be allowed anywhere on the ship. The chemical smell is worse. Fix it Carnival or have non-smoking cruises. We thoroughly enjoyed the magician Soorya in the dining room. He is amazing. Up close you still can't see how he does his tricks.

Cruise Photos

Smoke coming thru vents.

If you are a non-smoker, don't bother