Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

As expected

Sail Date: January 20, 2014

This cruise was as expected.  The weather in January is always questionable.  The shows were great, the food was good.  I will go again.   Our room steward was very good, the rooms were quite spacious for a cruise.  The dining room food was great, the Mexican buffet at night, seemed to lack some true Mexican foods.  The ship was very clean, and staff friendly.  The price was great and we had fun.   That said there were a few things I thought they could do better, being on other cruises.  There fitness schedule for the at sea days lacked variety, and the extra classes were more money, Yoga for $12 extra, I think Boot camp was more than that, the classes should be included.  They didn't seem to have lots of party atmosphere on the pool deck,  I remember that  from previous cruises.  Anything going on was either only involving a few people  ( hairy man contest, scavenger hunts where only a few participated), or the activities were late in the evening and usually got started late.  I offered to do some Zumba classes and told someone would get back to me, of which they never did. My husband and I were also surprised that there was not  more live music during the day, everything was at the same time.  we have been on other cruises where there is music playing either piped in or a latin band all the time.  ONe night we went to the piano bar the time it said on the schedule and he was not there, so either the schedule was wrong , or maybe he was not feeling well but regardless, seems like more of that party music during the day would be a great improvement.. I think some more activity especailly on the at sea days, and especially when the weather is questionable in January would benefit them greatly.

Children's Programs Didn't use
See comment
The particular excursion we went on in Cozumel was way overpriced.