Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Nice getaway but a little underwhelming.

Sail Date: August 08, 2011

Room Type: Suite

After having been on a few other cruises with other cruise lines, my husband and I found Carnival to be a bit disappointing. The food was mediocre at best, even in the dining room and it seemed like whenever we went up to the buffet to eat, it was closed. The room service menu was a complete joke - a few sandwiches and some salads and that's it. We also purchased shore excursions through Carnival and were a little disappointed with those as well. One excursion we completely missed because there was no clear signage as to where we were supposed to go. When we went to the Shore Excursions desk to complain and get our money back, they gave us a hard time and were not going to give us our money back until I insisted on speaking to a manager. The balcony was very small and in retrospect, a waste of money. The only really positive thing I can say for Carnival was the bathroom in our stateroom was much bigger than we had experienced on other cruise ships and the debarkation process was the quickest most painless process I have ever had on a cruise ship. We were off the boat and at our car within 20 minutes - no joke. I don't think we will be choosing Carnival again anytime in the near future. It's not worth the money you might save vs other cruise lines.

Pros: Debarkation process.

Cons: Food and stateroom.

Recommends Carnival Paradise? No.

The ship's layout was very confusing and the decor felt like I was in Atlantic City.
The comedy shows on this ship were awesome!!!