Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Nice cruise, but I'd research more

Sail Date: July 11, 2011

We just got back from a cruise on the Carnival Paradise. We took our daughter (14) and her best friend. While we had a great time, and the girls did too, I think if we cruise again we will do more research and find a boat that has more amenities. The pool area was very small and not very nice. The specialty restaurants were not what was advertised or expected (room service didn't offer much and we were told there would be 24 hour sushi). There were long lines at the buffets which were ok and did have a lot of choices. We loved the amazing service! It was fun not having to worry about anything and having so many options of activities.

Pros: Amazing entertainment and lots to do!

Cons: Freezing, small, over-crowded pool with salt water; food not what we expected

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

Circle C was about the size of a state room (small), but there were a lot of activities that the kids could participate in (karaoke, comedy, shows, hot tub, etc.). I think they would have liked more dancing. I would have liked it if they had more for the teens and if they had combined younger and older teens since the 12-14 teen club was abyssmal.
I think there are other ships that are bigger or have more to offer. I'd like one with more pools (there was only one for adults and one kiddie pool). However, the clubs, bars, and show areas were great. The teen club area was really sad.
We got an interior room, and it was fine. I was glad we ended up with a window because I think it would have been difficult without that. I enjoyed being able to see the ocean. They are very, very small, but are laid out efficiently. The service in the rooms is terrific!
You definitely are waited on hand and foot!
There were so many activities to do all of the time! You couldn't possibly do them all. The quality of ther shows and performances was quite professional.
Ensenada, Mexico
We went on the beach party at Rosarito's and I would NOT recommend this shore excursion. It was fun, but it took over an hour to drive there. However, it was fun to hang out at the beach and shop in Ensenada.
Don't Miss: hanging out at the beach
Catalina Island, California
The port is beautiful. We went on the snorkeling trip, which was not that great simply for the snorkeling. The water was really murky and we could only see a few fish. However, the dolphins we saw on the way back were amazing and magical. There were hundreds of them!
Don't Miss: Go on a boat trip to see the dolphins and sea life!