Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

A decent time

Sail Date: March 21, 2011

I was disappointed with many aspects of this cruise; I will definitely be going back to Norwegian or Royal Carribean in the future.

Pros: Nice inside rooms, great staff, fancy ship

Cons: Mediocre food, terrible shows, not enough on-board activities

Recommends Carnival Paradise? No.

The 'shows' were abysmal. Basically it is a cheer-leading type dance troupe with two mediocre singers. I was actually offended by the "Southern" show and left the auditorium. There is a way to handle stereotypes in a good-natured manner, and this was not the case.

The on-board activities were very few, and it seemed like the majority of them were aimed at making you spend more money. There were Bingo, art auctions, shopping 'classes', etc.
I'm used to gourmet dining, and really, I can prepare these dishes at home.
Fantastic bedding, very comfortable. Larger than usual too.
Ensenada, Mexico
We took the Gold Coast Tour, and it was very relaxing and had beautiful views.
Catalina Island, California
It was too cool to play at the beach, and there isn't anything to do in Avalon. We walked around for a bit, then went back to the ship.