A decent time

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

4 Night Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 21, 2011
Ship: Carnival Paradise
I was disappointed with many aspects of this cruise; I will definitely be going back to Norwegian or Royal Carribean in the future.

I'm used to gourmet dining, and really, I can prepare these dishes at home.

The 'shows' were abysmal. Basically it is a cheer-leading type dance troupe with two mediocre singers. I was actually offended by the "Southern" show and left the auditorium. There is a way to handle stereotypes in a good-natured manner, and this was not the case.

The on-board activities were very few, and it seemed like the majority of them were aimed at making you spend more money. There were Bingo, art auctions, shopping 'classes', etc.

Fantastic bedding, very comfortable. Larger than usual too.
We took the Gold Coast Tour, and it was very relaxing and had beautiful views.
It was too cool to play at the beach, and there isn't anything to do in Avalon. We walked around for a bit, then went back to the ship.

Pros: Nice inside rooms, great staff, fancy ship

Cons: Mediocre food, terrible shows, not enough on-board activities

Recommends Carnival Paradise? No.