Touch of Alaska

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Alaska With Tracy Arm Fjord (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 24, 2014
Ship: Carnival Miracle

Having lived in SE Alaska, I was very excited to go back, this time on my first time cruise.  I was very familiar with the "poor mans cruise" or Alaska Marine Highway, so having a resort atmosphere was a change.  I can't compare to other lines, but I do have some fond memories.  Besides spending good times with my friend, my favorite times on the boat were the Serenity deck with the day bed pods as it was sunny and sooooo warm 5 out of 7 days.  I guess my second favorite was having a stateroom with a deck, propping the door at night listening to the water.  Obviously the simple things impress me.  The staff were professional and friendly, the food in the dining room quite good as we learned to eat breakfast and dinner there daily.  The buffet style food was ok, but overeating was too easy.  Most travelers were from the east coast, but we were are from Washington state, and actually cruised by my house.  The weather was incredible, 80 degrees in Skagway, no clouds.  Clear sky for excursion up to the faces of two glaciers provided excellent photos.  We rented a car while in Juneau which was my favorite stop, as I knew where I wanted to go and spend our day away from the boat.  Even caught site of a bear going up some stairs in downtown residential Juneau!

Since we travel to Victoria frequently, we did not leave the boat, rather sunbathed by our private oasis on the Serenity deck because everyone was sightseeing.  The ship was ornate in decor, and clean, and so comfortable.  Highly recommend this cruise.  Best time for least amount rain can be in June and September.

Loved the large deck

Serenity Deck!

Live near Seattle, so easy cruising access

Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska Did not visit port