A fun time

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

8 Night Exotic Southern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 21, 2010
Ship: Carnival Miracle
The Carnival Miracle was a very nice ship. My only real complaint was that the sports bar and casino allowed smoking (especially the sports bar, as it was less ventilated).

I particularly liked the opening night show, Marcus Monroe, the Beatles show, and some of the stand-up in the Mad Hatter's Ball.

Our stateroom steward was polite but seemed disorganized/frazzled fairly often; everyone else we met was impeccable.

I didn't take a guided excursion because it seemed kind of pointless to do so. The beach was gorgeous, and the small NASA exhibit was great to see if you're into the history of the space program.
Don't Miss: The beach and NASA exhibit
Curacao was nice, and had lots of little shops and restaurants to visit. Everyone was very polite and helpful. My biggest complaint is that all the shops seemed artificial in that they were only selling touristy goods and some were pretty similar to each other.
Don't Miss: There's a pretty cool walking bridge that moves position as boats go by.
I did a submarine excursion in part because it was raining and I thought it would be fun. At $99, I'm not sure if it was worth it for such a short excursion, but I did enjoy it. It's hard to say what else would've been good to do.
Don't Miss: Not sure
I did a tour of the first cathedral in the New World, visited Ponce de Leon's governor's mansion, and had a couple other small stops. That was a fun, worthwhile tour. At our last stop we were kind of harassed by locals into buying things, but the situation was manageable.
Don't Miss: The cathedral and governor's mansion

Pros: On-ship entertainment and dining

Cons: Some of the excursions seemed overpriced for what you get

Recommends Carnival Miracle? Yes!