overbooked and miserable

Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Magic

6 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 25, 2019

Ship: Carnival Magic

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 6227

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

Carnival fully booked this cruise. People EVERYWHERE. I could barely leave the room the entire time because of the population on that ship. I would wait in lines for minimum 30 minutes just to get something to eat. I was lucky to find places to sit. I didn't do much on board for fear of my safety because a fight broke out every day on board between passengers. One man even had a concussion. The only port I got off for a good time was the first one, Half Moon Cay. I got to swim in the ocean and enjoyed it for a short time. It was clean and waded in the water with my family. Getting back on the ship was awful. The line was so long and took even longer because it was water taxi'd [I think by the 6th or 7th water taxi I finally could get on one]. Couldn't eat at the port because it would take too long to get food and nowhere to sit. The other two ports were just as bad. Over populated, couldn't swim at any, and neither could anyone else. Everyone who was swimming could only stay in their tiny area, no moving around or anything. Same on the ship as well. The pools were so full that you could only sit/ stand and not move around. Honestly the worst experience I've had.

Embarkation

too many people, even the safety meeting was hard to get to

Ship experiences

food choice was limited, too many people to make it anywhere on time and through the lines in a timely fashion, 24/7 PIZZA [REALLY? PIZZA?] was always backed up and it wasn't good.

Couldn't do anything except the water slides once because TOO MANY PEOPLE.

didn't bother because fights broke out at almost all of them

kids were scattered in the hallways all the time, no one supervising

weight staff was perfect, room staff didn't really communicate much, did their job and went on

the cleanliness the staff presented was as much to their ability as possible. the passengers were TRASHY. The ship is TOO DAMN SMALL for that amount of people

too small

Ship tip

don't. Carnival allowed for a fully booked ship knowing it is too small for THAT many people.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

easy and fast boarding, that's about all the good I can say

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)

a lot of trash lying around from passengers, very small and too many people when getting back on the ship. Swimming in the ocean was clean, thankfully, even though I still got sick from it.

Grand Turk Island

Couldn't do excursions because too many people

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic Did not visit port

didn't go because of storm. Bahamas wasn't good either.

Disembarkation

ship wasn't letting anyone off because of whatever reason, they had so many people at the exits, no lines whatsoever, I had to PUSH my way in to even attempt to get off the ship