Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Carnival Magic 12/2/12 to 12/9/12 (Part 1 OF 2)

Sail Date: December 02, 2012

I sailed on the Carnival Magic with my best friend. It is a beautiful ship and one of the newest in the fleet. We shared a cove balcony cabin on deck 2, category 7C (cabin #2288). We loved this cabin and used the balcony extensively. Really enjoyed that experience. Our cabin came equipped with a hair dryer, as well as a dispenser with complimentary shampoo and liquid soap in the shower. That was 3 items we did not have to bring on the trip and it was greatly appreciated. The ship is beautiful and we had a good time at every one of our ports of call. In Montego Bay, Jamaica we rafted on the Martha Brae. In Georgetown we visited the Turtle Farm, swam with stingrays on Stingray Sandbar and mailed a postcard from the town of "Hell." The driver even made a couple of unscheduled stops so we could do a little shopping. In Cozumel we simply shopped in the stores nearest the pier. The food and wait staff in the Southern Lights dining room on the Magic scored a perfect 10. We saw the magic show with laser lights and lots of dancers and my friend and I both felt it was the best show we've ever seen on any previous cruise. The comics were also very good. I missed the hypnotist and most of the other shows on board because I was in the casino a lot. And If I have to voice a complaint it is that I lost over $1000 in the casino during the cruise because the slots were so tight (but I am the stupid one for continuing to play when I wasn't winning). Seriously, the slots were tighter than any casino I have ever played in. The biggest payout I ever got on a max bet was $80 and that was after I had already sunk $80 into that machine. Also, there should be more waiters in the casino taking drink orders. It took a long time for them to come around. The ship is large so bring comfortable walking shoes and be prepared to walk the stairs a lot since the elevators had a hard time keeping up with the huge population on board.