Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Carnival Liberty to South Caribbean

Sail Date: October 25, 2014

This trip was booked two days before it was leaving and it was for an interior room for an excellent price.  I had never tried an interior room so this was a "lets see if I like it".  The room to my surprise was roomy enough for my wife and I, the bathroom was almost as large as the ones I had in my previous balcony.  We did not feel claustrophobic and there was plenty of room to store cloths, bags and items we bought.  The bed was great and we slept well, only take the mid or rear of the ship, even in rough seas on the return.  The room was nice to stay in to sleep and read but the rest of the time we were out on the ship so not having a window did not matter.  This is a fine way to cruise on short money or to take multiple trips.

Cruise and ship were excellent and the food the BEST!  Get a Guy Burger and handcut fries wow!  Itinerary was exceptional and one does not need a single excursion to see a lot, walk the Ports and Swim Grand Turk.

NEGATIVE- Embark and disembarkation at Port Canaveral is a NIGHTMARE and stay away.  It took one and a half hours to get out of the Port and in it was one hour.  A real disservice to the cruise ships that use that Port as the poor set up at the port and terminals would give anyone a bad taste about cruising.  Compare to Port Tampa and Miami where one gets 20-30 minutes from car to ship!

The best food and variety of food I ever had on a ship! Guys'Burgers and six other restaurants we ate in were excellent.
Room was great for sleeping and reading. Room had more than enough room to store everything and move around.
Everyone treated us as royalty.
Love the outside theater at night for lounging, eating popcorn/drinks and relaxing.
Plenty to do each day especially on sea days.
Curacao, Aruba and Grand Turk were excellent. Grand Turk beach is at the end of the pier and it was great to swim and relax under the palms but some complained that there was not enough shopping and the town is too far away and small. To me it was a great relaxing stop that did not require spending alot on excursions or gifts but to relax
Port Canaveral, Florida
Terrible port, stay away til it is fixed unless you have a lot of patience! Reason: It took an hour from car to get on the ship (two lines to get on) and to get off a hour and a half (two excalators to get off plus when you get to street level everyone is dropped there to find commercial pick-up, private car pick-up and everyone else. Total confusion, and I was told the Port was aware of the problems and had tried to fix it! If what I saw was a fix, they were taken. Hire a Sergeant Major and this mess would be solved. A disservice to the Cruise Lines that stop there. Oh here is a good one, going into the Port everyone must stop and pay a TOLL, even the service van we were in.
Willemstad, Curacao
Ship docked at the Port and we got off and walked around in the local market and crafts stands then took in some historical sights all by foot. Bring a hat and drink alot its hot! I lived in Bermuda and found this island and Aruba similiar in that one needs to stay hydrated, sun screen and a hat.
Oranjestad, Aruba
Again the ship dock right in town, people were friendly, lots of nice shops and historical sites all within walking.
Grand Turk Island
Fabulous beach right at the end of the dock so we swam and sat under the palms all day. Some shops at the end of the dock.

There was a lot to do, hot tubs were clean and plentiful, service was excellent and I cannot say enough about the services by the Steward and the culinary staff.