Dissapointing cruise

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

5 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 15, 2014
Ship: Carnival Liberty
Cabin Number: GUAR

I took my teen-agers on this cruise before my son heads off to college in the fall. The wait staff in the main dining room were extremely attentive and very charming. The room service breakfast and staff was also really good.

Otherwise, the cruise was a big dissapointment. Lido deck food was mediocre at best, the Lido area was full of empty tables full of dirty dishes. Our hallway smelled liked sewage at all times. Our cabin was rarely attended to, even after we put out the "please make up room" sign. Staff all over the ship were surly and oftentimes rude. The worst was being treated like cattle in long lines everywhere! It took 1 1/4 hours of standing in the hot sun to get the tender back to ship in Half-Moon Cay. And there was really nothing to do at Half-Moon Cay except lie on the beach or pay BIG bucks to rent something. It was $19.95 a person just to ride around the island on the back of a big truck. There were FIVE ships in port at Nassau - FIVE!!!! Nassau was an overcrowded nightmare. The cruise director got on the intercom every night to "sell'' spa specials instead of announce activities. My friend alays said that Carnival was the Wal-Mart of cruiselines. This trip felt more like a dollar store.

Dining room and serivce were both very good. Guy's Burgers were also good. Lido buffets tasted like nursing home food.

Some of the trivia were at odd times - we had to choose: dinner or trivia? The mini-golf was fun.

Typical cruise shows - some of th smaller bands were muich better!

Didn't use

Some staff, like the dining staff and customer service desk staff were wonderful. Others were not - some were downright rude.

The constant strange smell in our hallway was really off-putting. I noticed others walking the hall with their mouth and nose covered!

Our cabin was bigger than I thought it would be and we had a really nice oceanview so we saw great sunrises/sunsets as well as lightning storms at night!
PortCanveral was great. We did a dolphin/mamantee tour on our own that was the hightlight of our trip.
Absolutely awful. No food, few shops. LONG lines in the hot sun to tender back to the ship.
I would love to go back to Nassau on my own someday. Unfortunately, there were 5 ships in port at once so it was overcrowded. Vendors didn't want or feel the need to bargain because there were so many people in port.
Freeeport was nicer. We shopped, at cracked conch and had a nice time. Shore excursions are way too expensive though.