Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Detour of Booked Destinations from Belize and Roatan, to Jamaica and extra day at sea TOTALLY ruined cruise, and NO Compensation at ALL !!!

Sail Date: June 15, 2013

Third try to warn everybody of cruddy service. I booked a cruise to Belize and Roatan, but got to spend an extra day at sea, and ended up in Jamaica, when I had NO desire to go to Jamaica. It was a dirty place, nasty beach smelled like a giant can of tuna, seaweed and debris everywhere, dirty water, not clear and beautiful, like in Cozumel or Cayman. We specifically booked this cruise, since it went to Belize and Roatan, for a high school graduation present for our 17 yr old son.
In Jamaica, the bus driver tried to sell us drugs, to "get high mon", took us to Fern Gully, so we would go to the craft fair he called it, where his friend Melizia had a booth, where we were harrassed and pestered by all the islanders and locals to look at their goods, and make them an offer, they were begging us to buy their souvenirs, or to let them braid my hair, which is totally not my style. They began to scare me, as they were being overly persuasive, in asking us how much money we had, and then try to bargain with us, they pestered us to death, you couldn't enjoy looking at anything, for another vendor or seller yelling for you to look at their items, they were pestering, harrassing, and downright scary. We enjoyed it soo much (not), that we were back on the ship around 1pm. We hated Jamaica, and never would have booked the cruise with Carnival, except that we wanted to go to Belize and Roatan, Honduras. I had specifically told a travel agent that I definitely didn't want to book a cruise to Jamaica, that we wanted to go to Belize, if we used a travel agt. in our area. But.... we ended up there, and didn't get to drive LandRovers thru the jungle in Belize, or go caving there or Roatan, or see their crystal clear azure blue waters and white sandy beaches. We will never be able to see Belize or Roatan, as we won't be able to afford it, as we had saved money and used all our savings to treat our son to this "dream vacation" to Belize and Roatan, which didn't happen. Then, I just lost my job, so... I can't make my sons dream come true. It is very sad and heartbreaking to ruin your son's family vacation present to him for graduating high school. I complained to the customer service dept. on Carnival Liberty, and was insulted by a Jamaican ee, who "couldn't believe I didn't like her country". I told her about the bus driver trying to sell us illegal drugs (marijuana mon), and harrassment we received, and she said we should have booked an excursion in Jamaica. I explained to her that we didn't like anything or excursions offered in Jamaica, as we had no desire to go there. Then I was called "Darling" rudely by the other cust. svc. worker, and was told that I would NOT be compensated for my ruined vacation. We did NOT get what we paid for, which was a cruise to Belize and Roatan, which would have been our dream vacation. Instead, it is the worst vacation we have ever had. It was not enjoyable, and our dream vacation to Belize was ruined. We were forced to go to Jamaica, due to a "tropical depression". I understand storms can occur, but to spend an extra day at sea, and have to change destinations to a place you never wanted or desired to go to, is totally unacceptable. We had insurance on the trip, but were told it didn't cover the destination change and one less island to visit, as we were enroute asea to Jamaica, which was dirty, smelly and undesirable to us. Norwegian Cruiseline (Epic) is one thousand times better than Carnival Liberty or Carnival in general. Carnival was rude, and unacommodating to our feelings, and the amount of money we spent for a trip destination to Belize, that never happened.
Nats in buffet salad greens
Rude and Obnoxious Customer Service Staff
Lack of
Onboard Activities No variety
Hated the destination change, it ruined our trip
Miami, Florida
Cool Excursion (Dune Buggy)
Belize City, Belize
Wouldn't know.... Tropical depression forced you to choose to take us to sea an extra day, and on to Jamaica, which I didn't want to see. You didn't take us there !!!!
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
New destination re-routed to Jamaica instead. I hated JAMAICA!! Trip was ruined, Jamaica was a dirty, smelly beach near pier, harrassed by locals
George Town, Grand Cayman
Beautiful island

Don't cruise Carnival, they won't compensate for default destination changes,
We booked trip to Belize and Roatan, but spent an extra day at sea and then went to Jamaica instead, which was TERRIBLE nothing like Belize.
Was harrassed and solicited to buy drugs in Jamaica No compensation offered "BAD"

1 Comment