Great Cruise with some exceptions

Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Legend

8 Night Panama Canal (Tampa Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 25, 2020

Ship: Carnival Legend

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 7203

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

I would go again on the legend but on a different itinerary. Overall it was a great vacation

Embarkation

Very good and quickly got on boat

Ship experiences

The main dining room food was great. The breakfast buffet was great but the lunch buffet was not to my liking maybe some other people liked it I just didn’t like the selections they had. The deli was very good. Love the grilled cheese sandwiches and the hot Dogs were amazingly very tasty.

Activities were so so. We mainly hit the pools and hung out in the serenity area.

The shows were amazing. The cast is very talented and enjoyable to watch.

Don’t have kids

The ships personnel in general was very good especially in the main dining room

The ship was pretty nice. And I noticed a lot of the constantly cleaning hand rails and public area restrooms

Our cabin was very nice and cozy. The beds are so comfortable that we didn’t want to get out of bed.

Ship tip

The Casino is not the place to be if you are not a smoker it’s very smoky and hard to breath in there.

Ports of call

Tampa, Florida Did not visit port

Got on ship right away

Puerto Limon, Costa Rica

The excursion was good but the area was very dirty and it looked very poor and not to safe to walk around

Panama Canal Transit

Panama Canal was ok but I got bored with it very quickly. Overrated

George Town, Grand Cayman

Gran cayman is one of my favorite islands to visit. It’s beautiful and very clean and I felt safe walking around. Highly recommend

Disembarkation