Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Hawaii

Hawaiian Vacation

Sail Date: May 07, 2015

To start my vacation, it was a very poor beginning.  A computer mishap occurred and ID cards could not be made for each customer.  This left all people in a large room waiting to register.  I did not get to my room until 3:30.  When I placed my order, it was told to me we could board, have breakfast and begin our vacation sightseeing in Honolulu.  It was very exhausting and my first day I did nothing but unpack, finally get something to eat, then relax.  As I am from the East Coast, I had a six hour time difference to adjust to, so basically at 3:30, it was 9:30 Eastern time.  In addition, I had bought an excursion through for a 3-Day Honolulu Pass.  Before I went to the ship I had to go and retrieve my pass only to find out it was no longer available.  Another big disappointment.  It has taken almost 4 weeks to be reimbursed for the excursion I never received.

Hawaiian was simply beautiful.  I was able to see many sights I had only read about.  One of the most enjoyable excursions was Pearl Harbor.  I also went to an active volcano, the Pineapple Plantation, the Rainfalls, and a Luau.  If I choose another cruise, I would only want to travel around Hawaiian.  This was an 11 Day Cruise with 5 days on the ocean traveling to Vancouver.  I was surprised how very chilly the ocean trip was.  Luckily I had a wind breaker, which one needed.  The pools were beautiful but the weather too cold to enjoy lazing or swimming on most days.

Previously I had been on 2 other cruises, the last one to Alaska on Holland America.  I do have to say the food on Holland America was so much better than on the Carnival Legend.  I was rather disappointed with the limited access to food areas and the selections of food that was offered.

When we arrived in Vancouver, they shuffled people off as quickly as possible.  This too was not what I had been told.  We could leisurely have breakfast, then disembark.  However, they started at Level 1 at 7:30 hustling people out.  Coming and going was not the greatest experience on the cruise.

In summary, I know now a better way to see Hawaii and will try again to have a more relaxing time on a different cruise.

Honolulu, Oahu
Waimea Canyon - totally awesome
Nawiliwili, Kauai
Island Tour and Barbeque
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
Such a friendly place, but not enough time to see much

Décor was lovely, the musicians playing in various areas were awesome, the shows were entertaining, but repetitive, and Truffles dining was very nice, with excellent staff.