Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

great cruise,but ending was so upset

Sail Date: December 18, 2011

Generally, I like it all, EXCEPT the disembarkation process. It was so STUPID and will make me think twice when choosing cruise next time!!!

They seems aware of your early flight (a kind letter sent to you the day before disembarkation), but what they have done will eventually make you late.

The off-board process is self-assist participants first. In order to qualify for that, you have to be U.S citizens and would like to take all your luggages by your own. ATTN if you have an early flight and let them move your luggage off the ships for you (sound nice, huh?), you will have to wait after all the self-assist participants leave. In other word, if you let them take care of your luggages, they did not really care about your early flight, you have to wait ( the kind letter was totally bullshit). IN ADDITION, I have to highlight. As I am non-U.S citizen, I am not allowed to take my luggages and they have to be taken care by the cruise.

Why only U.S citizens can join the self-assist program? No one can skip the scan when going through customs. And as non-U.S citizen, we have gotten up early (630am) in order to be checked when immigrant officers come to the ship early morning (this means we are legally off-board to U.S similar to all Americans). Therefore, why we are not able to join the self-assist process? Can't this be called as discrimination?

Do ALL Americans using self-assist really have the urgent need to get off shore so early? We understand disembarkation may be easier for Americans and late flight would be better, but the way solving that problem shows they do not really put themselves into customers' shoes.

All in all, the disembarkation ruins all the good things before.

Pros: GOOD

Recommends Carnival Legend? No.