Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Something for Everyone - Any Age!

Sail Date: January 16, 2011

I wasn't sure if we would like the cruise, as we are older (59 and 69), but there was lots to do, not the least of which was lounging on our lovely balcony. The room was exceptionally well thought out, with plenty of places to stow your stuff. I was really glad that there was only one pay restaurant. Our last NCL cruise had about 8!!! - so obviously the food was not great - they wanted to drive you to the pay restaurants. We loved our waiter (Olly), he and Mutsa really made mealtimes funny and fun.

I would have liked the piano bar (one of my favorite things) but the singer preferred to hear herself, so sang very loudly, and you couldn't hear yourself to sing along. Also, the speaker system there was too loud. That was a real disappointment. She could play a lot of songs, but she had her own quirky rhythm that was also hard to follow.

Stops were great, but they skipped Belize due to problems with the tenders. We went to Costa Maya instead, which was quite nice.

Pros: Definately the food!

Cons: Having to leave the ship.

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

They were so willing to bring whatever we wanted, always good, and just the right temperature!
Get a new Piano Bar player!
Nice and clean, very opulent; lovely room layout. Bed was quite comfortable.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

Don't Miss: I loved the beach right there at the pier! Riding the chair lift was fun, and the water was great for floating on the floaties. You DON't need to get the clamshell - there is plenty of shady places!
George Town, Grand Cayman