Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Won't happen again!

Sail Date: September 19, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My wife and I have cruised Carnival before and other lines as well. This was by far the worst I have ever been on. We were constantly waiting for everything, especially food. I understand there are 2000+ people on board, that is all the more reason to open up the buffets a little before lunchtime and a little after, not just an hour or so. Having to stand in line for 15 minutes to only be told that it will take ten more for a slice of pizza is ridiculous. The excursion were fine, as always. The ship seems a little outdated and need of service. Missing and broken tiles, carpet looks terrible with stains everywhere, I was hit by two seperate doors that were unsecurred on deck, blowing around. Like I said earlier, this isn't my first cruise, I know what to expect. I was sorely disappointed. Even the attidue of the crewmembers were poor. The coffee was out in a machine so I asked a crewmember where another was I could use and he said " I don't know, there's 3 on this deck, go find another one". I heard more I don't knows on this trip than I have ever heard in my life!

Pros: the food in ports waaay better than the ships

Cons: waiting for everything!

Recommends Carnival Legend? No.

This will probably be the last Carnival Cruise my family goes on.
Stateroom was ok, needed recarpeted and new bedspreads-stains
Our 3 year old had a decent time at Camp Carnival.
Not convenient to cruisers at all, seems better for the staff....
The only time I felt helped was from the bus driver from the ship to the airport.Very nice man!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Always a place to go and visit for us! We see the stingray City every year. Never gets old.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Had a good time-visited the monkey,pirate,break. Tour guide was awesome. Be prepared though, you will drive through a DEVELOPING country. Looks pretty rough.
Don't Miss: Monkeys!
Was dropped off with a beach package at Playa Mia. Major thunderstorm hit and had to pay for a taxi back instead of them running a return bus early. Coulda sat and waited under the tent for two more hours I guess...