Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruisin the high seas!

Sail Date: June 14, 2009

The ship is decked out with 3 pools. 1 adult pool was where we did most of our poolside activities. The only bad thing was some "children" (teenagers) were in this pool area at times and there was no enforcement of the "adult only" area. There were plenty of activities to be involved in, or you could do whatever you pleased. A piano bar was one highlight of the entertainment along with nightly comedy shows or dancing routines.

Pros: the activities and the food were fantastic!!!

Cons: A slightly smaller boat than some. The waterslide did not go into a pool

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

The staff are there waiting on you hand and foot with tons of energy and enthusiasm!
I enjoyed all of the shows I saw. There was always some sort of entertainment going on. One can be involved as they wanted to be.
The food was overall really excellent. I don't know who gets on here and doesn't like the food. I only had 2 items the entire tme I was not crazy about. 1 was a cheesecake dessert and the other a caesar salad. The only negative I have is that the desserts sometimes were almost too fancy that I didnt enjoy them as much, but I am picky about food tastes and textures, so everyone may not feel the same.
I got the cheapest room and was expecting the worst. I was pleasantly surprised with the room. It wasn't as tiny as I had expected and I was able to sleep very comfortably and soundly. We were right below some of the bar areas and I also expected to be noisy, but it was pretty quiet with the exception of an occasional sound here and there, but my sleep was not affected.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We did the turtle farm, hell, and snorkeling with the rays....I really enjoyed snorkeling with the rays. It was fantastic with the rays comign so close to you. The turtle farm was interesting with hundreds of turtles and lizards wandering around....hell was not what I expected adn was disappointing, though it was fun to send a postcard "from hell"........this excursion took the entire alotted time we were in port, so it was a little diassapointing not to get a chance to see some of the touristy sites right at port. However, travelling to and from each place gave you a chance to see a lot of the city.
Don't Miss: snorkeling with the rays at sandbar city was excellent
Belize City, Belize
We snorkeled at the barrier reef and had a private island beach stop. There were many fish to see along with the coral. I had a little trouble with my mask fogging up and water getting in my mask, so i would recommend bringing your own custom mask if you can. I think it would work much better as the one I was provided with poorly adapted to my face. The rum punch provided was fantastic on our way to the private island. The island was pretty nice for just hanging out and relaxing. There is a little beach area to relax in and seashells and crabs to find. There was time afterwards to go into the port city and explore some of the shops and eateries, which was nice.
Don't Miss: the snorkeling was great!
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
we went to tabayana beach resort. This beach was fantastic with very nice snorkeling right off the beach about 12-20 feet out, with tons of fish. It was a very nice resort with plenty of beach space to lay out on or swim. They have other things to rent like the snuba gear and kayaks, and snorkel gear, but they seemed a little pricey. Overall a very nice place to relax and hang out. There was plenty of time to get back to the port area to explore. However, it seemed to be a very poor area and not much to see in the port spot. We actually stayed a few minutes in this area and went back to the boat to eat lunch. We would have stayed longer at the beach had we known that area was not as impressive.
Don't Miss: The tabayana beach was a nice relaxing area. the port itself had some scenic views from the boat.