Exceedly Pleasant!

Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 19, 2008
Ship: Carnival Legend
I was very impressed with the cleanlinness.The decor was beautiful. The ship seemed to be well taken care of. All the employees worked hard to keep it top shape.

We enjoyed the food on the ship. Everything I ate was wonderful. I especially enjoyed the ice-cream and pizza. The food was always fresh. The swan dessert was so pretty I had to take a picture of it.

We enjoyed the shows and music.

Most of the staff was friendly. The waiters were excellent in cleaning off the tables. Sometimes too fast. If we went to get a drink they would have our table cleaned when we returned.

Our stateroom was very nice. The bathroom was a little small. Everything was clean. I liked having my little animal towels and chocolates laid out on the bed. I took pictures of these also. There was plenty of space to accomade our belongings.
We loved the activities as we arrived at the shops. There were people made up as statues, dancers, singers, and animals to hold. The shops were gorgeous and had a lot of good buys. We went to 'Paradise Beach" which cost $13.00 each way for a taxi and you had to spen $10.00 at the beach. This was a good price. They had umbrellas, chairs, floats, several trampolines, and a iceberg to climb for free. I liked the fact a waiter came around to take your order so you did not have to stand in line or miss anything on the beach. The only bad part was the water was not clear. An employee said it was usually crystal clear, but the wind was coming from the wrong direction and made it dirty.
Don't Miss: Shopping
Our excursion was not very good for the money. We were expecting to be at a beach, but instead they had a manmade lagoon to snorkel in. There was not enough fish in it. It was the "Boatswain Beach Adventure and Snorkeling."

Pros: Cleanliness

Cons: onshore excursions

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!