Nice cruise to weak destinations

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

4 Night Catalina & Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 23, 2018
Ship: Carnival Inspiration
Cabin Number: E16
Reviewed: 1 month ago
This was my first cruise out of SoCal and was pleasing mostly for the getaway value. I would not recommend the cruise for the ports of call.

The food, particularly at dinner, was outstanding.

I did not attend any entertainment.

I had no children with me.

The ship's design is a little dated compared to ships built in the last 20 years.

The cabin was comfortable but small.
This was the place of embarkation and debarkation.
Catalina Island (Avalon) was nice, although it does not begin to compare to many Caribbean ports of call.
Ensenada is an armpit. We did the excursion to La Bufadora, which was mildly interesting but seems to exist only for the guides to pocket some cash for steering guests to particular vendors at the flea market.
We took advantage of self-assisted debarkation and were off the ship before 7:30 am.