worst cruise I've ever been on

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Inspiration

4 Night Catalina & Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: June 19, 2017

Ship: Carnival Inspiration

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: E112

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

I've been on several cruises including Royal Caribbean, Holland America, and Carnival and this is so far the worst cruise I've been on considering its food and service.  The selection and quality for its main dining room dinners were poor and the taste of food is very mediocre.  I ordered sea bass one night and it tasted so bad I couldn't eat another bite.  On most of the other cruises I've been on, the servers in the main dining room are very friendly, respectful and pleasant.  On this cruise, we got different servers every night and when I asked them for something extra like a spoon, or water, they do not respond when you talk to them even though they heard you.  I understand that they are usually very busy but a simple "ok" would have suffice so that I don't feel like I was bugging them.  The stewart of the room was ok.  He was polite and helpful.  The kids club were ok but at one point at 3pm in the afternoon they had to tell everybody to leave the room so that they can clean up.  The decor of the interior of the boat is old and tacky.  I would not recommend this cruise.

Ship experiences