Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Not what we are accustomed to.

Sail Date: February 08, 2016

Having been on a number of cruises, we have come to expect fairly decent service and a realistic degree of comfort.  We purchased this cruise because we would be in the area, and it fit our schedule. We had never cruised on Carnival, and this was certainly inexpensive.

If this had been my first cruise, it may of been my last. It was crowded with many young intoxicated partiers and first timers. The music was all extremely loud and most not very good quality. I am a musician who appreciates a wide spectrum of music. I can speak with some authority.

The ship,  while in good shape,  was not very clean and house keeping was not up to our expected standards.

The food in the dining room was pretty decent, but orders were often mixed up, and many times you had to ask to things like butter, or condiments. Our first night, I opened up my menu after sitting down and the pages were blank. That should have been a giveaway of what was to come.

The buffet food quality wasn't as good and the hours of operation were quite limited. We missed a couple of meals expecting the buffet to be open when it was not.

Our home hot tub is out of commission and I had hoped to do some soaking, but every time we checked on the tubs they were filled to over capacity. It was not uncommon to see 12-15 people in a 6 person tub.

So, for seasoned cruisers, I'd say skip this cruise and save up for something better.

Cruise Photos

When we settled in I noticed something sticky on the cabinets and drawers. It appears they had been sprayed will champaign or soda and had never been cleaned off. You couldn't open a drawer without getting sticky icky on your fingers. Granted, we told our room steward and she took care of it promptly, but this was a big oversight.
We could hear our aft neighbor's TV and his or her snoring all night, and I do mean all night. I assume they kept the TV on to try to cover up the snoring. Fortunately, we had a rather noisy heating/cooling system that I could keep running to drown out our neighbors noise. I all the cruises I've been on, I've never heard much from the cabins adjoining ours.
One good thing.. The pillows were heavenly!
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
Catalina Island, California
We rented electric bikes and had a blast; great way to see the place
Ensenada, Mexico