Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Third Mate

Not as good as previous cruises, including Carnival.

Sail Date: November 23, 2015

This was just a so so event.  The anytime dining was horrible.  On Royal you pick a time and have that time every night.  Here the line is really long already at 5:45 and then if  you don't get seated you get a beeper.  Two nights we had to wait at least an hour to be seated.  Thanksgiving night we didn't get our main dish until 8:30.  Some of the food wasn't that good either.  My eggs benedict had at sit down breakfast, the sauce was hardened on the eggs.  Our room steward never came by to introduce himself, guess because gratuities are automatic they don't seem to care, although room was maintained.  Inspiration is an older ship so doesn't have all the things the newer ships do.  Oh we took the tender to Catalina and I was separated from my teen grandsons as they went down 6 flights of stairs and I took the elevator from waiting area to tender area.  I couldn't find my grandsons so asked those letting people on tender and they told me that they were already on the tender.  I couldn't get to top to check as it was full so assumed they were up there.  They weren't on the boat so waited to see if on another one.  We couldn't make phone contact for like 45 mins and they were still on ship as they wouldn't let them on tender as they didn't have picture id with them.  Wasted a whole lot of time for me to go back and get them.  Also didn't like they didn't have curfew for teens like other cruises so course grandsons wanted to be out all night with friends they made.  So overall just a Good cruise.

We had a trundle bed for 3rd person which left very little space to move
around as it remained up all the time.
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
Catalina Island, California
Because of the mix up on the boat didn't really get to do anything but walk down main street.
Ensenada, Mexico
There were only us and another couple on the van. We had a very nice tour guide who gave us all kinds of information about the city. Went to LaBufadora and you have to walk couple blocks down street with all types of vendors who all want you to stop and buy something and feel bad when I don't.

We were told boarding began at 1:30 so got there then, parking lot was full had to go all the way to the top for a parking space so not sure what time all those people got there, but did make getting on quicker as there wasn't very many waiting to check in.