First timers (Me, husband, and 17 year-old daughter)

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Sail Date: September 11, 2015
Ship: Carnival Inspiration
Cabin Number: M138

First timers here and when we first booked it, we didn't what to expect. Our ship was set to depart at 5:30 PM, so we got there an hour and half prior. Parking was completely full except for the last top level with several open spots. As we boarded the ship, we saw that there was a lot of people already enjoying the pool. We realized that you could actually board the ship earlier (like at 11:30 AM). Something to remember for next time.

We stayed on the Main floor wondering if we should have booked a better room. For us, it didn't matter what floor we stayed on because we were always out and about the ship. Although, the ocean view is a must because I can't stand a room without a window to look out. There was a lot of food and the dining experience was good. The pool was pretty small but I enjoyed lounging in the sun. The DJ was right next to the pool and playing some great tunes (it can get loud though which is fine). During our trip there was a lot of young crowds and bachelorette groups. Those with little ones just need to be aware that adults will curse. There is a wet slide play area for the little ones to enjoy. I've also seen arcades, golfing, shows, and babysitting areas for kids to enjoy.

Things to remember: (a) Everything gets charged to your room key card which is connected to your credit card or prepaid cash, (b) have dollar bills ready if you want better service for drinks and room service, (c) always check the currency rate for pesos. When in Mexico, I found that it was better to use pesos instead of dollars because they tend to charge you higher in dollars, (d) always bargain for a cheaper deal when in Mexico, (e) try to go to every event provided. You have 3 days to do so. Eventually, you'll end up returning to a spot that you enjoyed the best. Ours was the Piano Bar (Rhapsody) with Elizabeth...she was fun!

Exiting the ship was confusing.  I was waiting for our floor to be called on and it never happened. So we just left and it took 50 minutes to exit the ship. I think next time I will select the option to do the Relax Disembarkation.

I had no problems. Although, I wish I was closer to the main elevator (I think around M60 rooms).
Parking was hard to find on a Friday. Get there early.
Pesos were better to use than dollars since they tend to overprice you.