Good Getaway Bad GetAround
Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico
Sail Date: October 04, 2013
Ship: Carnival Inspiration
Cabin Type: Oceanview
Cabin Number: M258
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 4 years ago
CONs: Comfort, Customer Experience
I'm going to focus on some items that I haven't seen in any reviews but I think affecet everyone's enjoyment of this ship.
The ship is poorly laid out for foot traffic and the crew don't treat you special in any way making it more difficult to get around. For example, we went to breakfast and were not greeted in any way I would call freindly. Then the hostess says you guys follow Cindy she'll take you to your seats. So we start to follwo Cindy and the pathway to the table is down a very narrow space between tables then we encounter large structural poles. Upon coming to the pole, I see a waiter coming the my direction. There was not enough room for both of us to make it around. He made eye contact with me and just kept coming forcing his way around the pole. All the while Cindy had run on way ahead of us. By the time the waiter had passed letting us through, Cindy had made it to the table and had laid our menus down and started to return. ...ummm thanks?
That sums up ome of the issues I had on the ship.
1) The make several areas hard to get around. Another example: how many photo op booths can you set up on the main promenade at dinner time when its the most crowded? They were every 10 feet ! Some of the traffic flow issues coudl be resolved by having giving up a few feet of table space in the dining rooms and promenade.
2) The crew doesn't have the same attitude as other cruises I have been on. Albeit, its kind of understandable based on the constant churning they experience... 4 days out and back...then repeat. All year round. I think they could solve some of those issues by having more staff turnover..on to different ships.
3) The ship does give you a 1980s feel.
4) Don't buy Cubans hoping to smoke on ship. There is only 1 area I could find that woudl let you smoke cigars...up on the top outside bar area by a port hole....hang your head out there when you blow your smoke please. That's not the best place to enjoy your cigar and scotch.
5) The food was ok...nothing spectacular.
6) They could have spent 2 days in Ensenada. The "Day at sea" was spent circling out side Ensenada. I would have liked to have done another tour in Ensenada.
7) The power went out on ship for about 30 minutes or so while were in port. Added to feeling that we were on a broken down tug.
8) Entertainment was nothing fantastic either.
BUT, overall I had a good time and felt I got my moneys worth since I didn't spend a lot for the tickets.....and I did learn how to make a dinosaur shaped towel animal ... so it wasn't all bad...LOL.