Smaller ship, but very enjoyable

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Contributor Level: Captain

4 Night Catalina & Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 03, 2015
Ship: Carnival Imagination
Cabin Number: R62

B2B on the Imagination.  Great crew and I love on these smaller ships a closer relationship with the crew.  Excellent service and food.  They surprised with a bottle of champagne in my cabin for doing the B2B.

Weather closed Long Beach port as we returned so we went to San Diego as an alternate.  Since I was doing a B2B I just stayed on the ship where everyone else had to bus back to Long Beach.  I had the ship to myself for an extended period waiting for the next wave of passengers to bus down from Long Beach.  Plus I got to see San Diego from the water, an added bonus.

Catalina port also closed due to weather so I had a B2B with two stops in Ensenada.  Once was enough, but oh well, still had a great time.

While the Fantasy class ships are smaller and don't have all the new features like rope courses or 4D theaters, they are still a great ship.

Standard inside cabin. No complaints.

There is a small public deck in front of the mini-golf area that is a great place to watch the ship enter or leave ports.