Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

First Timers

Sail Date: October 04, 2015

Room Type: Suite

My husband and booked our first cruise two months in advance in a suite; I was very pleased with the cabin but not the food and my husband was a little disappointed in the cabin but thought the food was good.

I knew the drinks were going to be expensive, very expensive, but I did not expect it to be so inconvenient and time consuming just to get a beer.

As soon as we embarked, we learned that although only one of us would be drinking only beer, we had to purchase two drink cards or pay AL la care for each drink.  After purchasing the drink card, there were always reasons to charge even more in addition to the initial price, added gratuity, tax, etc.

I am not used to spending so much of my day, let alone my vacation, obtaining a six-pack of beer (and it wasn't even my usual brand of beer).  I am uncertain if getting our drinks via the drink card or AL la carte would have been less expensive or easier to obtain.  That really soured our trip -- which was a concern of mine prior to the cruise.  What a suckered punch that turned out to be for us, thanks Carnival, thanks, !

I thought it was roomy, clean and comfortable, however, the pillows were not comfortable, the personal mirror in the bathroom needs to be fixed so it stays in the position it is placed, and I had a difficult time with the controls on the bathtub. No coffee maker or clock in the room, otherwise very nice.
My only on board activity was trying to locate a beer every time I wanted one -- an activity that normally takes less than 15 minutes, once a day and, I get what I want and I don't have to get out of the car -- not my experience on this cruise. Exaspirating.
We never made it to anything except the casino. We did have the television on which I watched while my husband slept. Not a good selection of channels.
We could only understand approximately 20 percent of what they said if there were any available to ask.

Also, I since this was a cruise to Mexico, I expected more fresh fish on the menu and Latino music to be heard -- didn't get much of either.